Two x tough 15km in a howling gale and done back to back – conquered! I feel really hard core now and entirely ready for a day on the couch with my book!
Please take note of my survival bracelet. This is a very cool thing which should be worn by all runners. Several reasons:
- It is sold in aid of care of the aged in Matatiele. Please check out what Jaco Jacobs and his family are doing on this link Matat 100 Miles for the Aged
- When I look at it I am reminded that the limits to human endurance are in our minds and that I can always push just a little bit harder, a little bit further.
- If unravelled this survival bracelet makes a 20 metre length of rope with a 200kg breaking strain – a useful thing no? It could be used to tie around your waist so that your running partner can pull you up a hill (or two).
- It could be used to strangle said partner if they get too cocky.
- And last but not least it can be used to lasso a wild pig while out on a country run #wildpigsmustfall
Okay, back to the couch…….